A report on the problem of Europe, and how to put a "soul" back in the Union.
Our newest report argues that there's little evidence that religious charities proselytize as part of their community action.
Join the discussion by becoming a Friend of Theos
Impact how society views Christianity and shape the cultural debate
Theos is providing a credible, mainstream Christian voice that is so needed. Over the past two years, we are quoted 3 times a week in mainstream, national media, including the BBC, Radio 4, The Times, The Guardian, The Economist, The Independent, Prospect Magazine, The Financial Times, and many more.
The Economist calls us “an organisation that commands attention”, and Julian Baggini, the influential atheist philosopher, says, "Theos provides rare proof that theology can be interesting and relevant even - perhaps especially - for those who do not believe."
We attract leading thinkers to speak at our events (such as Johnathan Sacks and Rowan Williams), and our reports are read by the most influential minds in the country. Key cultural influences such as Roger Scruton, Marilynne Robinson, Will Hutton, Sarah Montague and Mark Lawson have also been involved in events.
In social media, we rank as one the most followed and referred Christian organisations, with over 20,000 Twitter followers across the team, increasing numbers of whom are secular journalists, academics, policymakers and other key thinkers. We are using the different mediums of technology so that the Christian voice is heard in a digital world inundated by skewed facts and concepts about religion.
Be involved in the public debate by joining the Friends Programme
The Friends Programme is designed specifically for people like you who wish to contribute in the current debate, allowing people to see Christianity as part of the solution for a better society rather than part of the problem. We achieve this by providing an informed and gracious Christian voice in our mainstream public conversations. This also happens through the conversations you have with friends, colleagues and family!
As a member, we provide you:
- Prints of all our latest reports on the most pressing issues – social justice, welfare, politics, spirituality, education, money, atheism, agnosticism… the list goes on!
- Additional content and research – such as polls, surveys, statistics and executive summaries which provide more in-depth perspectives to today's most pressing issues
- Invitations to our events before they are made available to public so that you can secure your place. Due to high demand and the calibre of speakers (such as Rowan Williams, Larry Siedentop, Grace Davie) most events are booked immediately once made available to the public.
- Join a network of like-minded people who wish to share ideas and collaborate with one another. We host networking events which help you meet fellow Friends and build your own network, allowing ideas to flow and connections to form.
- As an Associate, you are invited to private functions with the team, allowing you to discuss upcoming projects, review the latest issues and trends in society, and have your say in where you see the public debate is going.
Also, we include you on our monthly e-newsletter – your one-stop digest for latest news.
We are committed to providing you current and relevant content
Our commitment is to keep you informed, equipped and relative so that you may then be a voice in the current debate with us.
You can become a Friend or Associate today by clicking on one of the options below.
If you'd prefer to print a form and mail directly to us, click here and mail to our offices at Theos, 77 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2EZ.
If you have any inquiries regarding the Programme, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Programme via Direct Debit
You can become a Friend or Associate of Theos by donating monthly to our work by direct debit.
Give £5 a month to become a Friend.
Give £25 a month to become an Associate or donate another sum monthly.
One-off Donation via PayPal
Alternatively, you can donate to the work of Theos via PayPal.
If you wish to support a specific project we are currently working on, you can select to pay a one-off donation that goes directly towards one of them.
Become an Associate via PayPal
You can become an Associate via PayPal. Associates support the work of Theos through a donation of £300 a year. They:
- are invited to all Theos events, including an annual exclusive associate dinner
- receive a copy of every report published
- are able to access briefings in our subject area
Become a Friend via PayPal
You can become a friend via PayPal. Individual friends donate £60 a year to the work of Theos. They:
- receive a copy of every report published
- invitations to selected Theos events; and
- regular email bulletins
For complete protection, secure payments for Theos Associates, Theos Friends, and Donations to Theos are processed by PayPal.