How can churches and other faith-based organisations have a greater social impact?
This report argues that if the EU is going to be worth saving, it needs to find a moral purpose that resonates with its citizens.
Jobs & Internships at Theos
Media and Communications Lead
Are you news mad, messaging savvy and well connected? Interested in how the public debate about the big questions plays out, and how to make it better?
Then come join our dynamic, hardworking team.
Theos is the UK’s leading Christian think tank. We are committed to providing a credible, informed and relevant Christian voice right in the heart of our mainstream public conversations, about religion, politics and how we live together well.
This new role has been created to further raise the public profile of Theos and its spokespeople with thought leaders and cultural influencers across all communications platforms, with an emphasis on mainstream media. Acting as lead on all communications across the team, the post holder will develop, maintain and deliver on an effective communications strategy. Duties include
• Identifying clear Theos messages and applying them to the news cycle.
• Supporting, briefing and building the profile of key Theos spokespeople.
• Acting as the lead on reactive comment, writing press releases, organising responses and placing commentary and op-ed material in national media.
• Working with the research team to ensure communications is integrated into all projects.
• Developing and maintaining successful relationships with key media contacts across mainstream media.
• Monitoring relevant national and specialist media daily and identifying news stories relevant to Theos.
• Over-seeing Theos’ digital presence, and working with team members and interns to ensure high levels of engagement and growth.
The post holder must have experience of working in journalism or media relations, including regular contact with the media, and be sympathetic to Theos’ aims. Due to the nature of the work, occasional evening and weekend working may be required. Full- or part-time working (minimum 0.5) will be considered but the role is primarily office based.
Apply with a CV and cover letter stating why you want the role and why you think you’re the right person, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 6th March
Interviews: Tuesday 15th March
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Theos offers 3-month long, full time, paid internships based at our Westminster offices.
We are seeking applications for November 2016: if you wish to be considered for the next round of placements, the first of which will commence in November 2016, please do email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and we will keep your details on file for when we come to short list.
Please note you MUST be able to legally work in the UK.
Theos pays London Living Wage for internships.