Al Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre, Grenfell, and mosques in Britain today
This report looks at Al Manaar’s response to Grenfell, in the light of wider questions pertaining to the Muslim presence in contemporary public life.
10 book recommendations for Christmas, by the Theos team. 18/12/2018
In the run up to Christmas, we thought it would be a good time to stop and reflect on some of our favourite books from the last year. Not an easy task for a team of avid readers.
This little video is a top 10 selection of some of the team’s favourites which we hope gives you some inspiration for any last minute Christmas gifts or just for a book to settle into over the festive period.
1. The Bullet Journal Method – Ryder Carroll
2. How Democracy Ends – David Runciman
3. Love, Imperfectly Known: Beyond Spontaeous Representations of God – Brother Emmanuel of Taize
4. The Sixteen Trees of the Somme – Lars Mytting
5. A Keeper – Graham Norton
6. Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical – Timothy Keller
7. The Shepherd’s Life: A Tales of the Lake District – James Rebanks
8. A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness
9. Radical Help – Hilary Cottam
10. The Once and Future Liberal – Mark Lilla
The Theos Team
Posted 18 December 2018
See other recent events and articles
Theos hosts philosopher and writer James K.A. Smith, who will talk about his new book exploring what we can learn from St Augustine of Hippo.Book Tickets
Ben Ryan looks at how the events of 9/11 marked a turning point for the West, its sense of self and religion, but only in some ways. 19/09/2019In Depth
Theos researches and investigates the intersection of religion, politics and society in the contemporary world.